Your Health Insurance

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is Someone Holding a Gun to Your Head?

Several old age ago I had the chance to work in an assisted life community. My occupation involved talking to people who had nutrition jobs (diabetes, bosom disease, high blood pressure) and to give short negotiation to the residents.

The talks were always fun, because the subjects were interesting (to me anyway). They included how taste sensation changed with age, how to be active while sitting in your chair, ways to add fruits and veggies to your day-to-day diet. After a short lecture, we would have got got a Q & A. Iodine always enjoyed this, because I never knew what was going to come up at me.

One inquiry that seemed to originate on a regular footing was "why make they always function dessert?" Usually followed by the remark "I have gained 10 lbs since I moved here!I began to experience like I was talking to college freshmen about weight addition their first twelvemonth (but I understand that, with inflation, the "freshmen ten" is now 15 pounds)."

I could understand their frustration, because, after having worked in respective facilities, I felt like I was on a sail ship. Along with three repasts a day, there was always some type of bite around-cookies, fruit, cake. And, along with salad, veggies and a chief course, the repasts always had dessert.

You probably experience this manner as well, especially when you eat at a restaurant, or at a friend's house. You desire to eat what is in presence of you, and you experience as though there is no choice. Then, when you detect you have got gained weight, you inquire why.

Let me state you what I used to state the folks at the assisted life facility-and it is this:Did person set a gun to your caput and state you that you had to eat dessert?

I recognize this is a spot harsh, to you, and to the folks I was lecturing. In fact-no 1 is forcing you to eat dessert. The truth is, no 1 is making you eat anything. My concern for the aged is that they eat adequate amounts of nutrient to remain healthy, and if they eat dessert, it's their choice. Well, my friends, when you are at a restaurant, or at your friends' house, the same clasp true-it's your choice. Maybe you are feeling guilty because you don't desire to let down your host by not eating dessert-but no 1 is forcing you to get down the nutrient by holding a gun to your head.

I propose to all of you, including my former residents, wage attending to your diet, that's all. If you cognize you are going to have got dessert, then cut back a spot on some of the nutrients you eat during the day. Or seek to be more than active. Activity assists to increase your metamorphosis and to fire calories. Whatever you consider, though, make NOT jump repasts the adjacent day-that sets up a unsafe rhythm of starving and overeating.

The folks at the assisted life needed a spot more advice, because dessert was offered at every meal. We did demand to discourse more than schemes for watching their consumption during the day, especially if they weren't active. The underside line still holds-no 1 is forcing you to eat, you are responsible for what you set into your mouth. Unless, of course, person is holding a gun to your head.

Copyright (c) 2008 At Peace With Food

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home